Hello and welcome to today’s edition of A Slice Of Soap.
So. Did anyone watch EastEnders last night? Or maybe I should ask the question did anybody not watch EastEnders last night? Wasn’t it one of the saddest moments you’ve ever seen in a soap?
Watching Jase Dyer’s past catch up with him. Why oh why did they have to kill him off like that…it was so cruel! I’m still reaching for the tissues even now. And how about poor old Billy Mitchell? I feel sorry for him. How will he live with himself knowing that he did absolutely nothing to save his mate…what a yellow belly (can’t say I blame him though…Terry and his lads would have eaten him for dinner, that’s for sure).
So what’s gonna happen to his son? Poor little Jay Brown – he’s got no mum, no dad…Will Billy, out of sheer guilt, feel obligated to take Jay in? Or will the poor boy end up in care? One thing’s for sure, the death of Jase is certain to send Jay off the rails, so watch out Walford.
Now I don’t know about you guys, but I reckon it was a big mistake to kill Jase off. Although he’d only been on EastEnders for just over a year, he was certainly beginning to make his mark. Personally, I would have preferred it if Jase got sent down for a few years; at least that way, he’d have the option of making a return to EastEnders at some point. Now the most he can do is haunt Billy from the grave. Hey, anything’s possible on soaps these days. So what’s next for actor Stephen Lord? Well, only time will tell, but judging by some of the credits to his name, it looks like good things await him.
So by way of a tribute to Jase, a look at the man who brought him to life. R.I.P. Jase.
- Stephen Lord was born 1 October 1972 in Manchester
- He has appeared in many TV shows, including Heartbeat, The Bill and Sea of Souls.
- In 2006, he played a villain in a Jean-Claude Van Damme film called Until death. He starred in another film with the muscles from Brussels called The Shepherd: Border Patrol.
- In 2007, he completed filming for Kill Kill Faster Faster, which is a contemporary film noir inspired by the critically acclaimed novel of the same name by Joel Rose.
- Stephen is married to Irish actress Elaine Cassidy.
- He first appeared in EastEnders in July 2007. His character has been killed off
- 19 July 2007 – Jase arrives in Walford in search of his estranged son, Jay Brown.
- Jase argued with Phil and Billy Mitchell about his past, admitting that he’d been in prison.
- October 2007 – Jase met up with his old friend Terry Bates.
- November 2007 – Terry’s gang raided The Queen Victoria looking for Jase (this episode prompted loads of complaints to Ofcom and the BBC as viewers felt it was too violent. Ofcom upheld the complaints).
- 6 June 2008 – Jase proposes to Dawn Swann.
- Jase begins working for May Wright who later absconds with Summer.
- May causes a gas explosion in Dawn’s house; Jase saved Summer’s life.
- Jase told Dawn that he’d returned to his old ways.
- Jase gets set up by Terry .
- 28 August – Jase is greeted by Terry and his men who are wielding baseball bats. He is stabbed in the chest by Terry and later dies in hospital.
That’s it for now. Join me on Monday for a preview of all the week’s soaps. Got a comment about your favourite soap, this blog or anything else? Share it with me.
MSN’s Eye On Soaps
Don’t miss a trick – Add MSN Reality TV Agent to your IM contacts