Hello and welcome to A Slice Of Soap!
Here’s a bit of gossip for you concerning Hollyoaks actress Roxanne Mckee who plays Louise Summers. Apparently she’s qutting Hollyoaks in a bid to raise her profile. Yes…another "Hollywoodoaks" beauty is jumping ship.
According to the Daily Star, Roxanne Mckee has been in talks with her management about roles in "the more popular soaps" (and we’re not talking about Emmerdale). Mckee has told pals she’d love to join ex-Hollyoaks co-star Gemma Bissix in EastEnders; so it looks like it’s only a matter of time before we see her breaking hearts in The Albert Square.
Now I reckon Roxanne Mckee will succeed in whatever she decides to do (look at her C.V.below) but I’m not too sure about this trend of stars leaving one soap and joining another.
I don’t know about you, but when ever I watch Gemma Bissix frolicking around with ‘Squeal’ Beale on EastEnders, apart from feeling like throwing up, I still tend to see her as Hollyoaks’ Clare. It will probably be the same if Roxanne Mckee joins ‘Enders…to me she’ll always be Louise Summers off ‘Hollywoodoaks’ the show with all the beutiful people.
And here’s another frightening thought. If the trend of ‘Hollywoodoak’ beauties defecting to EastEnders really takes off, then the producers will be left with no choice but to rename the soap and call it "EastEnders’Babes"… Cos ‘EastEnders’ embodies everything that’s drab, dull and depressing at the moment.
Anyway, if Roxanne Mckee’s dream of starring in EastEnders comes true, let’s just hope that the scriptwriters keep her character as far away from ‘Squeal’ Beale as possible…cos I certainly don’t want to see anymore images of Ian Beale running around his living room in nothing but his birthday suit…yuk!
Now here’ re a few things that you probably didn’t know about Roxanne Mckee:
- Roxanne attended Royal Holloway, University of London, where she obtained a degree in Politics (She’s not just a pretty face).
- Roxanne worked as a waitress and a recruitment consultant before wowing Hollyoaks bosses at an open audition in 2005.
- In 2006, McKee took part in the Reality TV show Hollyoaks Extreme Challenge.
- In 2007, she won both the British Soap Award and the Inside Soap Award for ‘Sexiest Female’, voted for by the British
- Roxanne was voted number 91 in the FHM top 100 sexiest women in the world 2006. In 2007 she improved to number 42 in the
same poll. She was also the cover girl for FHM’s August 2007 edition.
- In 2007 Roxanne bought a nightclub, SUPERNA, in Leeds with fellow Hollyoaks actor Chris Fountain and boyfriend Gary Sewell.
- She has been dating Gary Sewell, entrepreneur and owner of SINTILLATE for the past 3 years.
With a C.V. like that never mind EastEnders I think Hollywood definitely beckons.
Here’s a quiz for you.
What do these two men not have in common?
Answer: One of them has a job. (Gis a job….I can do that!)
That’s it for now. Join me on Monday for a full preview of your favourite soaps. Got a comment about your favourite soap, this blog or anything else? Share it with me.
MSN’s Eye On Soaps